Each year, the West Virginia Pharmacists Association awards an outstanding WVPA Student Pharmacist of the Year Award to recognize a student who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills paired with exceeding devotion and volunteer involvement to WVPA and the pharmacy community.
- The recipient must be a member in good standing of WVPA for at least 1 year.
- The recipient must be an involved student member of WVPA. Involvement can be exhibited through attendance at WVPA events, service on committees, or other leadership roles, etc. The recipient preferably should have served on an WVPA and/or APhA-ASP committee and demonstrating leadership in the organization.
- The recipient should be active in the legislative process as an advocate for the profession of pharmacy.
- The recipient must demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The recipient should have demonstrated leadership in the community.
- The recipient must be a student enrolled full-time in a West Virginia School of Pharmacy program. One student may be selected from each school each academic year.
- The recipient must be a student leader who demonstrates a high level of professionalism in his/her school and other pharmacy-related endeavors.
- The recipient cannot be a previous recipient of this award.
- The recipient must have worked toward raising awareness of WVPA on campus and encouraged others to become involved with WVPA.
- Nominations may be submitted by any WVPA member in good standing or school of pharmacy faculty/staff