This award has been established to commemorate the contributions of Past APhA CEO and WV native, Thomas Menighan, and recognizes up to one pharmacist annually for outstanding service to the profession of pharmacy. This is the highest honor bestowed by the WV Pharmacists Association.
- Recipient is a member of both state and national pharmacy organizations for over 10 years and demonstrated involvement in aspects of state and national legislative affairs. The recipient can meet the qualification by being a member of any state organization and the American Pharmacists Association, but the nominee should have a direct or indirect connection/impact in West Virginia.
- Recipient has made sustained contributions to the profession of pharmacy through state and/or national pharmacy organizations.
- Recipient should be recognized as an individual with high character among their peers and be highly esteemed both inside and outside of the profession of pharmacy.
- Recipient should demonstrate the advancement of the profession and be influential in contributing to the leadership while promoting leadership in others.
- Recipient can not be a previous recipient of the award.